Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Mixed media free style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I sat down earlier in the week to start creating a card for several challenges that I really wanted to enter. As I said I had planned to create a card but I went in a totally different direction altogether and here is the end result …

 
My mixed media free style project
All the yummy details!
I love this postcard stamp, I use it a lot!
And these beautiful heart stamps are great too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Frilly & Funkie Challenge In the good old summertime
I love the warmth, the light and the longer days of summer and to me summer in the UK is and always will be wedding season too!



The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 Alter your Embellishments:
Because of this challenge I was able to mix beads with gesso and apply them to my board. I distressed a pristine white bride and groom mulberry paper topper; I changed several metal embellishments to distress them and added watercolour paint to the white Wild Orchid Crafts roses


I added a layer of gesso to a piece of chipboard and once that was touch dry I added a layer of embossing paste through my Tim Holtz Floral stencil (thank you Frilly & Funkie). I have beads from when I used to create jewellery and I’ve been trying to think of a way I can use them rather than just binning them so I mixed them with gesso in a little pot and added them to the chipboard panel.

The next day I used a mix of pinks and reds to colour the board and the beads and left that to dry whilst I got onto stamping the elements I wanted to add to my board. I stamped the postcards and the hearts onto white snippets. The postcard was stamped with Versafine black ink pad and coloured with AquaTints and the hearts with my Doxides. I fussy cut the hearts and then roughened and coloured the edges of the stamped hears and stamped postcards. I figured out the layout before gluing the embellishments in position and then I grabbed more embellishments which I altered and several Wild Orchid Crafts roses which I changed the colour of too. I used acrylic paints and a baby wipe to apply layers of Pebeo acrylic ink and Winsor & Newton silver gouache to the base board and where necessary to alter my embellishments before sticking them all in place. Because the postcards were still a little too light I decided to add a layer of Tim Holtz Vintage Collage Medium to the postcards and the bride and groom.

I’m not sure what happened or why but I have to say I love it and I loved the process and steps it took to create it. I hope you all like it too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: Vintage Postcard; I Heart Art
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: THS077 Floral
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; ink blending tool and foam; baby wipes

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Chipboard
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide ink pads: vintage photo; worn lipstick; wilted violet; fossilised amber
Versafine IP: black
Pebeo pink and red acrylic paints
Winsor & Newton silver gouache
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful set (to colour the brides dress)

Lindys Stamp Gang Icicle Creek Starburst spray: Icy Primrose Gold
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
Beads; metal flowers; bride and groom topper; & butterfly plaque from my stash of old supplies
Adhesives/Mediums:
Tim Holtz Vintage Distress Collage medium
Dreamweaver embossing paste
Collall all purpose glue
3D glue gel
Double sided tape
Fun foam

10 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lots of embellishment goodness going on in your mixed media piece Karen, it looks like you have had great fun creating it. Thank you for sharing and joining in the That's Crafty Anything Goes Blog Challenge again.
Best Wishes Tracey.

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Brilliant work. Thank you for using our stamps. I love all the details on your project. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

Cara said...

This turned out great, loving the texture x

Sandra said...

Such a fun project, love all the details and the couple is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

ionabunny said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you used the heart and postcard stamps. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Minas kreativa said...

Beautiful creation with so many yummy details! Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely summery colors and enchanting image with a lovely design! Beautiful mixed media page !Thank you for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie Good Old Summertime Challenge this week!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

Love the colors they came together so well for this. So many layers and details. I also like those hearts.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Great summery colors. Love that stamped postcard. Very clever to place it behind the dancing couple...it drew my eye right to them! Thanks for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "In the Good Old Summertime" Challenge!

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, such a fabulous project! Love how you put it together, the end result looks super! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!